The Assistant Director of Logan Center Marketing and Communications manages and executes marketing and communications efforts at the Logan Center by planning, scheduling, writing, editing, and disseminating print and electronic marketing materials; overseeing email communications, managing multi-media vendors; and evaluating marketing and communications efforts of programs and initiatives of the Logan Center. They will work closely with the Associate Director of Communications for UChicago Arts and the Logan Center to streamline marketing efforts between the UChicago Arts patron databases, public event calendars, and social media platforms. This position works with staff of the Logan Center, often aligning with other UChicago Arts initiatives and departments, to build and engage on- and off-campus audiences through social media, digital communications, marketing materials, and outreach initiatives. Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications for UChicago Arts and the Logan Center, the Assistant Director will oversee the part-time Social Media and Content Specialist and student interns.
- Lead marketing and communications efforts for Logan Center programs and events. Develop and implement marketing and outreach plans for Logan Center programs and events. Advise and oversee public relations efforts, media planning, and materials development for Logan Center programs and events
- Project and production management. Oversee design and production of print and digital materials working with student intern and freelance designers. Discharge copywriting and editing duties for collateral materials as well as digital and print advertising.
- Manage email marketing campaigns. Maintain patron database and email list organization (including audience and press lists), including identification and segmentation for various email campaigns. Manage email marketing campaigns, in partnership with Logan Center programming staff.
- Coordinate UChicago Arts content strategy. Work with the Associate Director to implement marketing and communications tactics, where appropriate, for UChicago Arts events and programs. Work with Associate Director and Social Media and Content Specialist to develop editorial calendars and create content focused on UChicago Arts.
- Serve as a member of the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts/UChicago Arts staff and assist with various programs and projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Decision Quality and Accountability
- Employee Engagement
- Partnership and Collaboration
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.