At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a smart, mission-driven, self-starter to join Hubbard Street’s Youth Dance department. Administrative Interns are integral members of the organization. Youth Program Interns are entrusted with a number of challenging responsibilities, and must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Interns will work with Hubbard Street’s administrative and artistic staff to build knowledge, experience, and confidence in arts management.
The Youth Program Intern position is an unpaid internship. Interns are compensated with unlimited free dance classes through the Lou Conte Dance Studio, during the course of their internship.
College credit is available as arranged by your college or university. Internships are available by semester, school year, or summer session.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communications between Youth Program families, faculty, and support staff
- Recording Youth Dance Program registrations and student files
- Assisting with merchandise sales and class payments
- Maintain social media and website content updates
- Assist with marketing needs for Youth Dance Program events and programs
- Organize and update mailing lists
- General office duties, such as photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.
- Assist in departmental and organizational data entry and database management
- Assist in organization of documentation and archives
- Keeping departmental calendar up-to-date