Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for enthusiastic, friendly, and reliable retail talent who enjoys interacting with volunteers and patrons and who is committed to delivering outstanding customer service. You will be primarily responsible for training and managing volunteers, processing transactions, and ensuring patrons have a positive customer service experience at the Lyric OperaShop.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s OperaShop Sales Associates will work with our Chapter Office to promote inventory control effectiveness and help develop strategy for the OperaShop as it relates to Lyric’s retail vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide optimal guest service ensuring that guests are met in a timely manner
- Resolve and communicate all customer service issues to leadership
- Oversee OperaShop volunteers
- Maintain an aesthetically pleasing environment for patrons
- Maintain merchandise inventories
- Process transactions and use web-based point of sales system
- Train volunteers so they are able to provide product knowledge to customers
- Provide assistance to Lyric volunteers during Opera performances
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Sales or retail experience preferred
- Familiarity with the arts especially opera is a plus
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Experience with POS and/or inventory systems is a plus
- Able to work a flexible schedule most weekends and work evenings
- Able to stand for long periods of time
REPORTSTO: Development Coordinator - Chapters
STATUS: Seasonal – part time – non-exempt