Calling all pet lovers! Heaven Sent Pet Care, a professional dog walking and pet-sitting company (serving Evanston, Wilmette, and Kenilworth) is currently looking for dynamic, caring, and trustworthy pet lovers to join our expanding team. Start making supplemental income doing what you love!
We are currently hiring for OVERNIGHT HOUSE-SITTERS/PET-SITTERS and we will be thorough in finding the next good "fit" for our expanding team. If you love to spend time outdoors, are a self-starter, and are able to work independently and manage a changing schedule, this may be the job for you!
How We Work:
Our services: This position requires OVERNIGHT STAYS (sleeping over in a client's home) with the client's animals. House-sitters are contacted for each House-sitting job that a client schedules, and may accept or decline each job.
Overnight house-sitting with Heaven Sent:
- Each overnight stay begins from the dinner period (5-7pm) and continues until the morning period (7-9am).
- Clients are expecting the house-sitter to be in the home with their animals during that overnight period, but outside of simple pet/home care tasks, feedings, and taking the dog(s) out for walks and to do its business, the house-sitter spends most of the evening in the client's home how they wish. Our clients want their sitters to be comfortable during their stay! However, please note: You will not able to have guests with you at any time in the client's home during your stay.
- House-sitting jobs last anywhere from 1 night to 2 weeks (you must be able to do all nights in that house-sitting order). On average, a typical booking for a house-sitter is 3-6 nights in a row.
- Compensation: starts at a base rate of $30+ for an overnight with one animal and goes up from there. That rate is increased depending on client surcharges, number of animals the sitter is caring for, whether the sitter is able to complete the midday walks, etc. (Any gratuity from clients is paid 100% to our sitters, and is not included in this rate).
Generally, House-sitting is caring for dogs and may include other animals (cats, gerbils, fish etc). The type of work included in house-sitting is:
- walking dog (according to client profile)
- feeding each pet their special diet and maintaining each pet's daily routines
- spending time playing with or exercising each pet
- administering medication (when necessary)
- combing or brushing each pet's coat (and any other animal care specified)
- mail and newspaper retrieval
- other specified care
We offer comprehensive administrative support to our sitters:
We provide a professional work environment. This is a supported position and we are office staffed from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday for any questions or help a sitter might need.
We also have emergency contacts for sitters, if an issue arises after business hours.
We offer continuing training and tips for new sitters to become successful in this industry.
Each of our staff is an independent contractor and gets paid a percentage of the client fee charged.
We pay every other week via Direct Deposit to your account.
The rate sitters are paid starts at $30 for an overnight, and goes up from there depending on client surcharges.
We are looking for candidates whose priority is providing quality care to our furry clients and their owners. If money is your primary motivation, this may not be the job (nor the industry) for you.