United States Artists (USA) seeks
part-time Social Media Coordinator
in Chicago, IL to start Summer 2018.
United States Artists (USA) is currently seeking a part-time Social Media Coordinator who will work
directly with our President & CEO and Communications Manager to create and maintain a strong online
presence for the organization.
USA is a national arts funding nonprofit organization based in Chicago. Each year, USA awards up to
fifty $50,000 fellowships to the country’s most accomplished and innovative artists working in the fields
of Architecture & Design, Craft, Dance, Film, Media, Music, Theater & Performance, Traditional Arts,
Visual Art, and Writing. USA Fellows spotlight the importance of artists across the country, celebrating
the broad diversity of American artistic practices and cultivating a creative ecology that is diverse in
age, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. Since our founding in 2006, USA has supported over
500 artists with nearly $25 million. To learn more about the organization, please visit our website.
• Oversee all social media account activity including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook,
Twitter, Spotify, YouTube, etc;
• Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and engagement metrics;
• Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness;
• Research audience preferences and current trends;
• Create engaging text, image and video content across social media platforms;
• Measure web traffic and monitor SEO;
• If needed, train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way;
• Represent USA’s mission, vision, values, and goals in person, online, and in print;
• Travel to necessary and relevant conferen